Live-in Caregiver's legal rights and responsibilities
1. The Live-in caregiver has certain legal rights with respect to fair working conditions and fair treatment under employment standards legislation in most provinces and territories. Employment standards regulations may cover rights such as days off each week, paid public holidays, overtime pay, vacation time with pay. Public holidays are day of the year when most workers, including live-in caregivers, can have the day off with pay or receive a premium if they work.
2. The Live-in caregiver assumes full responsibility for household in absence of parents. Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home. Supervise and care for the children, tend to emotional well-being of children. Instruct them about personal hygiene and social development and prepare and serve nutritious meals. Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties and more.
Employer's legal responsibilities
1. You must provide acceptable working conditions, reasonable duties and fair market wages. You must also provide accommodation that ensures privacy, such as a private room and a lock on the door. Your caregiver pays rent for a room in your home and is entitled to privacy.
2. Live-in caregivers are entitled to days off each week, statutory holidays, extra pay for overtime work and a salary that meets at least minimum wage.
3. Employers who employ a full-time live-in caregiver under the program, are required by federal law to register as an employer with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA). You must make the proper deductions for Income Tax, Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan.
4. When you register as an employer, the CCRA will provide you with an information guide which contains the necessary forms and instructions.
How OCRA can help you find a family who needs you
The Ontario Caregiver Recruit Agency Inc. provides a rewarding, uplifting way of life and standard of living to Filipino caregivers from Philippines, Hong Kong, Cyprus, Norway, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, etc.
To find a family who needs your help:
1. Read the requirements of an OCR Caregiver:
- You must have successfully completed the equivalent to Canadian Standards or at least 1 Year Post-Secondary Education Credential is required with an Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
- You must have six months of full time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking.
- Provide your language test results from CELPIP or IELTS. Have at least CLB5 for all 4 skills in English.
- You must have genuine and valid JOB OFFER from a Canadian employer.
- Admissable to Canada.
- For more information or additional requirements, please contact us.
3. Contact OCR
4.Our staff will outline further steps and interview procedures…
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU BECOME A PART OF OUR ONTARIO CAREGIVER FAMILY….
AND REST ASSURED YOU ARE IN THE BEST HANDS IN FINDING A CARING AND WONDERFUL EMPLOYER IN CANADA.
ONTARIO CAREGIVERS HAVE REAL EMPLOYERS….. REAL JOBS.